September '26: Booked and Busy!




September has been the busiest month in a while in the SA bookish industry and let me tell you, I am having a time!

The first event was Lola Akinmade Akerstrom's evening at Exclusive Books in Hyde Park where we discussed Bitter Honey with the ever so talented Cheeky Natives. I've actually never read any of her books but when an acclaimed international author with credentials from my trusted reviewers is in town, I have no choice but to honour the invite. The event was basically clash of the book clubs, and I love any excuse to see my Prose & Icons girlies.


Immediately on the day after, we sat intimately at Love Books in Melville with Yewande Omotoso launching Krystle Zara Appiah's Half Lives. Krystle is a well of talent and I cannot wait to get into her latest! 


My favourite of the three nights has to be Selali Fiamanya's evening at Artistry on the 8th. Dr. Alma and Adv. Letlhogonolo yet again blessed us with a Cheeky evening, discussing one of the best debuts I have ever had the honour of reading. We read Before We Hit The Ground for book club last year and I absolutely adored it so when I saw the event poster, it was an immediate RSVP. Revisiting the book felt like a catch up with an old friend and the title makes even better sense now.


Extremely tough time to be my bank account (Allegedly, I bought 10 books this month???) but Jonathan Ball, my babe, keep doing the good work!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini

The Comrade's Wife by Assoc. Prof. Barbara Boswell

Strange Sally Diamond